Thursday, September 17, 2009

BLOG buddy Questions

One of my Blog Buddies, posted these questions.. I can't respond to her post and its making me mad! So I will just answer them on my own post and that way everyone on my blog can have the questions answered as well, they are very good questions to ask about the band... here is goes!

For you KRISTEN~
Questions:1. Did any of you experience hair loss after your surgery? (This is something I am really freaked out about. I heard it doesn't happen often but in some cases it does.)
I don't think I would say I had hair loss, but I can say my hair seemed thinner….. Now that I know protein is important my hair seems better!
2. How many days do you think I should take off of work after my surgery? Or lets put it this way, how many days did you take off of work? (I work in retail so I am constantly on my feet f.y.i.)
I had my surgery on a Thursday, I took off 7 days.. (including the weekend) I could have gone back in 4-5 days. Its nice to take the extra time!

3. From post-surgery liquid diets, the actual surgery or anything else, what was your least favorite part of your whole lap band experience?
I had to do the pre-op diet, 2 week full liquid! That SUCKED. I did not like the liquid diet afterwards either; I had to do full liquid for the first 5 days after surgery. I loved the mashed potatoes stage!

4. For those of you who were fortunate enough to have insurance pay, how long did it take for you to get your approved letter?
I had my appointment on January 24, was approved by January 28 ( NOT THE USSUAL CASE!) I have noticed that most of my friends have taken 4-6 weeks

5. This is random, but do any of you have Independence Blue Cross? Just curious because that is what I have :)
I have Blue Cross Blue Shield (federal)

6. How long have you had the band and how many pounds have you lost thus far?
I was banded 5-8-08.. I have lost 100-110.. Depends on the day.. I have been bouncing between 145-155

7. Did you have any issues with throwing up after surgery? I am a little scared about this.
I can say with the band you will learn that throwing up can be a normal thing.. I was one that hated to throw up!!! Now It does not faze me! I am not saying that you need to do it on a daily basis, but until you get use to the band and CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW and take SMALL bites you will get stuff stuck! And when it gets stuck, you might have to throw it up! I am not talking about becoming anorexic but you will have an occasional vomit… Not a massive vomit episode but a minor gag…. Does this make sense?

8. How soon after surgery did you get your first fill?
My doctor will not do the first fill until 6 weeks from the surgery date

9. How long do you have to wait after surgery before you can start working out?
I started walking the first week! IT helped get the gas out of my system.. I am the worst about working out! Its been over a year and I hardly ever work out.. OOOOPPPPSSSS

10. How long after surgery before you felt comfortable enough to drive?
I was tired the first couple of days, I just slept. But you could drive by day 3 or so,,

No comments: